From Decembers Payday to Januarys, the long road through sale heaven is an excruciating journey. It’s so hard to resist buying every fantastic deal you see, and there are some great ones around. My way of coping with a distinct lack of funds is by creating my little wish list of the first things I will buy once that glorious day arrives to take away my winter blues.
- I’ve recently fell in love with Pandora jewellery as a more affordable alternative to my usual Tiffany & Co ultimate bankruptcy splurges. The rings are particularly lovely and I’ve zoned in on this Delicate Sentiments ring for the reasonable-ish price of £125, plastered in cubic zirconia with a pretty bow, I couldn’t make myself consider a cheaper one once I saw this baby!
- My skin needs help in winter, I’m very dry, flaky and achey throughout the whole winter season and at the moment I’m slapping on a whole lot of Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, which I’m pretty sure that means it has become inaffective in assisting with my flaky battle so I’m opting for a brand I’ve not yet tried but have been dying to! £50 is a bit more than what I’d usually spend but I appear to be running out of reputable moisturisers to try.
- I’ve had my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette for a few years, it’s still going strong and so well pigmented it’s lasting forever, but I can’t stop my wandering eyes from gawking at the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics palette for £38.50. This one comes and goes from my wish list because I have one palette with all the colours I need and only buy another when the current runs out, so I’d be breaking my rule by buying this.
- I wouldn’t call myself a Topshop fan if I didn’t covet at least one item from the store. Truth is, there is always something I ‘need’ every pay day and this month it is this prom skirt for £80, simply because I have to go to a wedding at the end of the month (which makes me uncomfortable fashion wise, I don’t do fascinators!) and I feel like I could be content in a prom style skirt in the cold country weather of the season. Praying it doesn’t snow because I’m fresh out of snow boots that match formal wear!
- And finally, it wouldn’t be a wish list without something utterly unaffordable for the time of year (Christmas spending recovery time) and mine is Dior floral cat eye sunglasses. The sun is bright and low and piercing my delicate pupils, yes I buy my sunglasses in winter and these beauties caught my eye on Selfridges.com and I couldn’t help but desire them to brighten my winter, but for a whopping £310 for the shelter of my precious eyes of course I can’t justify it, but I can still stare at their beauty.
What’s on your wish list for the first pay day of the year?
Happy New Year!
[image sources: pandora.net – debenhams.com – selfridges.com – topshop.com]